Under the Love Umbrella
Inspired by the way Allison Colpoys' bright palette absolutely pops against the black cover of this book, I set up my youngest with a simple project that could easily be adapted for any occasion.
Here's how we did it:
1. Black paper
2. Clear contact paper (I always check the dollar store for this stuff!)
3. Bright paints (all the heart eyes for these squeeze bottles!)
5. Q-tips (or whatever painting tool you choose.... mid painting session my daughter found some small paper cups she used to stamp with as well...)
1. Cut a heart to desired size from the contact paper
2. Peel off the backing and stick it to the paper
3. Set up your little one with a palette of paints and let them go for it!
4. Peel off the contact paper to reveal your finished piece!
This was such a quick and fun little painting session. We'll write a message in the middle and send it off to a special someone under our own love umbrella!