Edmond's Green Cookie Recipe
Edmond, George, and the Thing just love green cookies! I wanted to try making a semi-healthy version easy enough for little helping hands, and I think I succeeded!
These cookies, sweetened with honey and packed full of spinach and kale, turned out surprisingly well. They're based on all those healthy green muffin recipes you see floating around on Pinterest. Will they win you a bake off? Probably not. But will you feel okay serving them to your kids as a not-so-terrible after school snack? Definitely!
Edmond's Green Cookies
- 3 cups packed spinach and/or kale (no stems)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2TB coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325
- In a food processor, combine greens, milk, oil, and honey. Blend well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add greens mixture to dry ingredients; do not over mix!
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop in tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet
- Cook for 11-13 minutes until set