DIY Miniature Envelopes
Mr. Postmouse's Rounds became an immediate favorite at our house. The illustrations are beyond adorable, full of tiny details you're still discovering even after the first dozen reads.
Inspired by all that minuscule mail, we crafted up some pretty cute miniature envelopes. My three year old has been delivering tiny letters to tiny friends all morning!
1. Start with a small square of paper. I happened to have origami paper lying around, so I cut those squares into four equal pieces.
2. Fold the bottom corner almost up to the top, creating a triangle, but leaving a small border of color around the top edges.
3. Flip over triangle
4. Fold the leftmost corner 1/3 of the way in as shown below:
5. Repeat on the right side:
6. Tuck one side into the folds of the other:
7. Fold down the top corner
And there you have it! The most adorable little envelope you've ever seen. Once you get the hang of the folds, you can whip a bunch of these out pretty quick. Which is good, because your tiny postal workers are going to be delivering this mail as fast as you can make it.