Feeling very cold and very inspired after reading the beautiful new book, When the Moon Comes, we created these snowy winter cards with a foolproof technique that ends up absolutely gorgeous every time!
Bleeding tissue paper is not just that stuff you put in your gift bags. Found in craft stores and online, it's specially designed to bleed out color when wet. We love love love this stuff! So fun and versatile, it's a great addition to any craft cabinet.
1. Using the painter's tape, secure the paper to your surface. Things could get a little messy, so be sure to use an old placemat or tablecloth to protect your tabletop!
2. Draw an image with your white crayon. This is a little tricky since it's hard to see white on white, but that's part of the magic! We drew pine trees and a moon, but anything would look lovely.
3. Cover the surface with squares of tissue paper, wetting them down with a paintbrush or a spray bottle as you go. We decided to stick with blues, blacks, and purples to imitate the icy winter night sky.
4. This is the hardest part... let the tissue paper dry!
5. Peel off the tissue paper and tape to reveal your icy winter wonderland!
Aren't they gorgeous? Add some holiday wishes, and these cold little cards could definitely warm some hearts this season!